In the event of a campus emergency that could affect the health and safety of students and employees, the University will immediately activate a mass notification system. So that you can be warned of any pending danger, please update your cell phone and/or text messaging contact information.
- Go to myZou.
- Log in with your PawPrint and password.
- Click Self Service on the main page or in the left-hand menu.
- Click Campus Personal Information on the main page or in the left-hand menu.
- Click Phone Numbers.
- Add your contact information (cell phone and/or text messaging) and choose your preferred method of contact.
- Click Save.
Faculty and staff:
- Go to myHR.
- Log in with your UserID and password.
- Click Self Service.
- Click Personal Information.
- Click UM Emergency Information.
- Enter your cell phone, text messaging number, alternate e-mail address, and/or pager numbers. (Users may opt out of providing personal contact information).
- Click Opt-In or Opt-Out.
If you need to make changes to other personal information such as name or title, contact your departmental human resources liaison. If you experience any problems while using this application, please contact the IT Help Desk at 882-5000 or visit the IT KnowledgeBase at help.missouri.edu.
When the University initiates an emergency message, we will automatically call your cell phone with a voice message, send a text message to your cell phone, and send an e-mail message to your University e-mail account (in that order). If you respond affirmatively that you have received the message, the call sequence will cease.
Enrollment in this program is free. Your cell phone carrier may charge you for a text message if you do not have a plan that covers it; consult your carrier to confirm. The University will not use this contact information except in an emergency that has the potential to affect your health and safety.